Sunday, November 11, 2007

Music videos are a way for artists to describe their music with pictures. I really enjoy this certain music video for two reasons, one it has Josh Groban in it and two because it shows what happens before a show goes up.

For some reason I have always enjoyed listening to Josh Groban’ s music. It seems to always calm me down when something has made me upset. This song “You raise me up” is also a great song that puts you back on your feet. It makes you realize that there are always people that are there in your life that care for you. It makes me think about all my friends and how we seem to always make each other smile and turn the grey sky to blue.
When the video first begins you see Josh Groban getting off a couch, such as he has just woken up form a nap, and has just realized that he needs to go to rehearsal. As he walks to rehearsal you see all the elements that happen backstage. The dancers begin to warm up and the musicians take their places. As rehearsal begins it is obvious that everyone is having a good time and it enjoying the fact that they are doing what they love.

I believe the reason why I like this video so much is because I am going to college to work behind the scenes at places like these. I would really like to work the lights for a traveling theatre or music group. One thing that really caught my attention was the computer screen in the beginning, it was the lighting program that I have used. The best part of a performance is the background and the process of putting it together. As the pieces come together you really see how much work has been put into the show and you get a rush of adrenaline when the curtain finally goes up. You make the best of friends when you can compare on the work ethics that you use. You become a family.

No comments: